Whakapā mai

Contact us

We are here to help. We welcome all feedback, questions or concerns relating to Te Aho o Te Kahu, information on our website, and our programmes or initiatives.

Get in touch with Te Aho o Te Kahu, Cancer Control Agency:

133 Molesworth Street
Wellington 6011

Email: info@teaho.govt.nz

Have a concern? - He kōrero māharahara tāu

We know that many people living with cancer, along with their whānau and friends, are worried about what might happen during treatment.

If you want to discuss or have questions about your treatment plan, please talk to your treating clinician or cancer care team. They will be able to best assist you with any concerns you may have.

Te Aho o Te Kahu is unable to intervene directly in the clinical management of individual patients. The district health boards (DHBs) are best placed and responsible for looking after the health needs of their local population.

Complaining about a service – Te kōamuamu mō te ratonga

If you are not satisfied with the service you or your loved one received, you may wish to first share your concerns directly with your local DHB. They are responsible for assessing the health needs of their local populations and making decisions about the level and mix of services to provide to meet these needs.

If you are not satisfied with the DHB’s response to your concerns, you can contact the Health and Disability Commissioner (HDC). The role of the HDC is to promote and protect the rights of people receiving health and disability services.

The HDC investigates complaints about health care services independently of health care providers, the Minister and the Ministry of Health. The HDC can be contacted by email (hdc@hdc.org.nz) or by calling freephone 0800 11 22 33. You can find more information on the HDC website.