Pāngia e te Mate Pukupuku
Affected by cancer
Find information about cancer, the supportive care available and resources for coping with cancer.
Information provided in this ‘Affected by cancer’ section has been developed with care and reviewed by subject matter experts. However, this section is intended to provide general advice and background information only.
This website and its content shouldn’t be used to diagnose conditions or as a basis for treatment decisions.
- Always visit your doctor (GP) if you or a family member are unwell.
- You can phone Healthline any time for free health advice from trained health professionals.
- In an emergency, phone 111 for an ambulance.
Owner and purpose
The ‘Affected by cancer’ section is brought to you by Te Aho o Te Kahu.
The goal of this section is to give the New Zealand public access to quality sources of online cancer health information.
The ‘Affected by Cancer’ section is in essence a gateway: we primarily provide links to government and not-for-profit websites that have a consumer focus and well-researched, up-to-date information.
Te Aho o Te Kahu gives priority to websites where the site’s aims and objectives are consistent with those of Te Aho o Te Kahu.
Please note the following:
- While care has been taken in selecting sites to link to, Te Aho o Te Kahu takes no responsibility for the content of third-party websites, and links to third-party websites do not imply endorsement of those sites or their content.
- We welcome all feedback on sites that we link to: Contact us.
The ‘Affected by Cancer’ section includes content produced by Te Aho o Te Kahu in the context of our existing work programmes.
Please also note the following:
- Hyperlinks can be freely made on the worldwide web. However, you may not link to this ‘Affected by Cancer’ section in any context that implies an association with or endorsement of your website or web content by Te Aho o Te Kahu or any Te Aho o Te Kahu websites. You may not reproduce the logo of Te Aho o Te Kahu or any other related brands without our permission. For more information, please read our privacy and security information.
- For information about the reuse of Te Aho o Te Kahu material, please read the relevant copyright statements on this site: Copyright information.
- The ‘Affected by Cancer’ section does not carry advertising or accept corporate sponsorship.